Blogger Templates

How long have we been The Wests?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fun at Sundance!

[June/July 2011]

So... in June and July we had some fun date nights up in the mountains at Sundance Resort. When my host family from Russia was here last summer I found out about the "moonlight rides" on the ski lift up there. I was going to take them on one but they were very tired from all their traveling once it got to be that late so we skipped that activity. Since then I've wanted to go on one and I remembered to look up when they were! So, in June we went up to enjoy the moonlight lift. The plan before hand was to go on a picnic up in the canyon but the weather wasn't great so we had a picnic in our living room! We were worried because it had been kind of rainy and cloudy that afternoon but once we got up there it was going and it was perfect weather! We parked, got tickets, got hot chocolate (mainly for me to hold to keep me warm), and then got on the lift! It's quite a long ride and we enjoyed looking at all the signs on the way and just being together. We both love the outdoors and it was such a beautiful night!! It was such a fun time - just like any time is with my sweet husband! :)

Picnic! Chips, chicken salad sandwiches... ya know picnic-y food! :)

This is one of many like this... we read every sign we passed! :)

We both look a bit surprised... flash was bright!
This was my favorite sign... we missed the stampede though :( ha


People we took a picture of... they look quite warm. I dunno...

Funny faces!

I love this man!! :)

Heath likes taking pictures like this... sigh, I don't understand. :)

What a fun night!!

In July we went up to Sundance again to see The Sound of Music! Actually... when we were up there for the lift ride we explored the resort a little after and saw a sign for Sound of Music. My family loves that movie and Heath's mom does too so we decided we should come! We did and it was wonderful! And we could both sing to all the songs - so fun! We sat on a weird hill because we came a bit late but it turned out perfect! :) It's so fun to be able to do all sorts of things together!

Love that he'll go with me to musical, cutsie things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment